God’s providence and faithfulness characterized an amazing year at Open Schools. ‘For the word of the Lord is upright, and all His work is done in faithfulness” (Psalm 33:4).
A special thank you to our supporters, who have consistently given to the work of our ministry, enabling us to deliver our program and do what we love to do best – educate and inspire children who have no access to traditional schooling.
Rejoice over our 2022 highlights:
- We have celebrated 20 years of bringing ‘hope through life-changing learning’ in 9 countries.
- The number of children participating in our program have grown from 3670 children in 2021 to 8525 children in 2022!
- We have trained 215 new tutors this year and started 69 new projects.
- We expanded our reach to two new African countries – Ghana and Uganda.
- Our team in Brazil has translated our curriculum into Portuguese and piloted their first project.
- The curriculum development team has been hard at work writing the ‘What’s Next’ level 2 Literacy and Numeracy curriculum. The tutors piloting the new curriculum will be trained in March 2023.